Tips to help you Purchase the Best Used CNC Lathes
Summary: While CNC lathes add value to any metal working or parts manufacturing facility, the fact remains that these machines call for a significant investment. However, this problem can be countered by investing in used CNC lathes that are certainly more affordable than brand new ones.
CNC lathes make use of various tools such as drills, reamers, and boring blocks to cut and shape metal pieces to form a semi-finished or finished product. These cutting tools cut a metal block, shaping it from the inside as well as outside. While they add value to any metalworking or parts manufacturing facility, the fact remains that these machines call for a significant investment. However, this problem can be countered by investing in used CNC lathes that are certainly more affordable than brand new ones. One needs to exercise caution while purchasing any type of used machinery, and make sure to source it from a reputable firm that deals in a variety of machines.
CNC lathes have become very popular because they are capable of accurately reproducing the same work with relatively little attention by the operator. They are suitable for large-volume production as well as smaller applications. Such machines help a manufacturer to reduce dependence on manual labor, thus speeding up the process.
Before purchasing used CNC lathes, here are some points to consider:
- To begin with, you need to determine the size and capacity of the lathe. Some lathes could occupy a better part of the space available at your shop floor. If you do not have the required space, you might need to make appropriate arrangements before purchasing a lathe.
- If you are likely to deal with large volume production, a CNC lathe is a prudent choice. These lathes, once programmed to manufacture a particular component can consecutively produce thousands of parts.
- Accuracy of parts and components is another vital aspect. If you need tight tolerance machining, a CNC lathe is a perfect fit. Manual lathes are not recommended in such a case.
- If you or your staff has never worked with a CNC metal lathe before, seek out assistance from a trained instructor in order to reduce your learning curve. Or can hire an experienced operator who be able to put CNC lathe to work immediately making parts.
- It is equally vital to partner with a firm that conducts transparent dealings while selling used CNC lathes. For instance, if there is a particular component that needs repair, the seller should spell out the flaws of the machine.
Before you decide to purchase the lathe, you might want to carry out a test run of the machine to gauge the exact condition of the machine. Look for problems such as cracks, rusting, rattling etc. Used CNC lathes and other used machines can easily be purchased from reputable sellers via the internet. These firms can then ship your machine to your desired destination anywhere in the world if you request it. Superior Machinery is one of leading sellers in quality used CNC machinery.